Service for Alfa Laval spiral heat exchangers
Alfa Laval is the only supplier on the market with more than a half-century of experience with spiral technology. Our robust, efficient and compact designs have a proven reputation for high reliability in some of the toughest process duties across industries. With added support from a worldwide network of local service experts, you can count on your spiral heat exchanger delivering truly sustainable uptime.
Talk to a service expert
Whether it’s about routine support or finding solutions to complex challenges, our team of service experts is here to help you out.
Select an option below to learn more about the service offerings for Alfa Laval spiral heat exchangers
If you ever encounter a performance challenge or unexplained phenomenon, we can connect you with one of our trained and experienced troubleshooters who will suggest solutions and offer suggestions for further process improvements. This will help you to:
- Maximize uptime by identifying issues that may cause unplanned shutdowns
- Increase production through process optimization
- Improve safety by preventing hazardous situations
- Reduce maintenance costs through an audit of processes
|Troubleshooting Assistance tool|
Alfa Laval offers both standard and customized training programmes. A mix of practical, theoretical and do-it-yourself courses, along with expert instruction from trained Alfa Laval engineers. Our training programmes will give more competent and engaged employees and provide long-term benefits such as:
- Correct equipment handling that ensures higher uptime
- Improved safety levels and higher equipment reliability
- Reduced service and maintenance needs through proactive actions
- Cost-saving guidance from knowledgeable staff members
Only Alfa Laval genuine spare parts designed specifically for your equipment can return your heat exchanger to its original condition and give you full assurance of dependable uptime. With fast, worldwide delivery, we are always here to make sure you get the part you need, when you need it. Using genuine Alfa Laval spares will ensure:
- The best continued thermal fit for your duty and application
- Increased uptime and high productivity
- A longer equipment lifespan thanks to longer lasting components
- Reduced cost of ownership over the total lifespan of your equipment
Performance assessment & audit
By checking the heat exchanger performance vs the optimal performance, Alfa Laval can help you define a preventative maintenance plan according to the specific conditions of your plant and processes. Additional benefits are:
- Optimized service intervals to meet your process requirements
- Reduced energy costs thanks to improved thermal efficiency and lower pressure drop
- Better planning to give you full control of production uptime and your maintenance budget
- Improved sustainability in your processes with longer life for your equipment
Installation and commissioning
Alfa Laval’s global service organization offers professional installation and commissioning support, with experienced local experts who help you secure a smooth start-up and long-term dependability from your new equipment. Moreover we offer you:
- Optimized performance for maximum thermal efficiency
- Reliable operation with high uptime
- Compliance with the highest industry standards for safety
- A long equipment lifecycle with low total cost of ownership
An Alfa Laval condition audit is a smart, cost-effective way to extend and safeguard the performance of spiral installations after prolonged periods of operation. A condition audit from trained Alfa Laval experts is the surest way to:
- Extend equipment life and protect your original investment
- Minimize the total cost of ownership of your unit
- Improve process sustainability with the highest long-term efficiency
- Protect your equipment, operators and processes from unforeseen problems
To save you time and long-term costs, our service organization offers a range of standard and custom cleaning solutions that keep your spiral heat exchanger running like new. We give you added peace of mind thanks to:
- Safe and effective cleaning that will not damage the equipment
- Improved efficiency and reduced energy consumption
- Prevention of damage due to corrosion or pressure drop
- Easier and quicker maintenance and repair
ALOnsite - Qualified support at your facility
True onsite service by skilled engineers, anywhere in the world.
To make sure you get the most from your spiral heat exchanger, we can always dispatch support to your facility – even at short notice.
Ten top tips to keep your spiral heat exchanger in tip top condition
Never open a unit if one or both channels are pressurized. Any attempt to do so may cause personal injury and/or damage the unit and its surroundings.
Lift the unit by its lifting lugs and not by the connections or the cover lug.
Open and close valves slowly to avoid water hammer from pressure surges during start-up and shutdown.
Make sure that the unit is properly vented before start-up. We suggest you contact Alfa Laval to train your operators for optimum and reliable operations.
Monitor the heat exchanger's performance and pressure drop proactively in order to better plan cleaning and maintenance. This will enable you to further improve the sustainability of the system. Alfa Laval can support you with a Performance Assessment that will determine the optimal cleaning intervals for your specific conditions.
Always operate in accordance with the design rate to avoid thickening or clogging with fluids that contain solid particles.
Use a cleaning method that is optimized for your heat exchanger. With cleaning-in-place (CIP) or back flushing, you can avoid opening the unit. Alfa Laval's service experts can help you determine and implement the best cleaning practices for you.
Change the cover gaskets every time you open the cover. Alfa Laval recommends that you keep a set of genuine spares designed for your unit in stock, so you can always be ready for maintenance.
Tighten the unit as described in the installation manual during transportation or prolonged periods of shutdown. If not done properly, cover gaskets and/or hook bolts may loosen.
Flush and/or drain the heat exchanger in cases of a long shutdown, when using corrosive fluid, or if there is a risk of freezing.